Solar / Wind Project Manager - Greece W/M
Qair is an independent power producer of exclusively renewable energy developing, financing, building, and operating solar, onshore and offshore wind, hydroelectric, and green hydrogen projects for over 30 years.
Active in 16 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia, the group’s ambition is to become an independent leader in responsible energy.
With 500 MW of installed capacity in 2021 and more than 1 GW of projects under development, financing, or commissioning, the group’s 300 employees are aiming for a target capacity of more than 10 GW.
The group’s expertise covers the entire energy production chain, from development to power sales, including financing, construction, operation, and decommissioning.
Based on a global and local strategy, Qair designs and implements solutions tailored to each territory and offers bespoke financial packages to local authorities and industrialists.
Qair Group is developing its renewable activity (mainly photovoltaic and onshore wind) in Greece and tends to strengthen its skills in project development.
We continue our growth to set-up a complete Qair Greek team. In relation with the General Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for the development of large wind and solar projects as part of the Group’s strategy.
The Solar/Wind Project Manager in Greece will have to:
- Identify and secure suitable project locations, negotiate land leases and manage landowner relationships.
- Apply and obtain authorizations from local jurisdictions (Environmental authorization, building permits especially).
- Work with the utility companies for interconnection.
- Responsible for bringing forward all necessary components for a successful Due Diligence.
- Responsible for the realization of the projects, to secure the installation and commissioning of the projects within agreed time frame.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts and other relevant bodies such as appropriate governments, regulatory bodies and legislative officials.
- Responsible for a smooth cooperation between the different internal departments.
- Communicate effectively across the organization, handover effectively to the upper Management representatives.
- Support other company departments during the negotiation process for some key contracts when required (Energy Management for PPA, Finance for Project Finance, etc.).
- Ensure a formal project transfer from Project Management to Asset Management, ensuring all relevant documents and obligations are properly tracked following an internal and official transfer dossier.
- Prepare a budget for projects under supervision, with the objective to maximize the profitability.
- Follow-up on performance of projects under responsibility, analysis of deviations and establishment of corrective actions.
- Ensure elaboration of management reports to follow-up on performance, from different perspectives: financial, technical, energy market, etc. Gather all relevant information from other sources to provide a comprehensive view of performance.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
She / He has a degree in environment or engineering.
She/he already has a noteworthy experience in the development of Renewable Energy Projects. Experience in large infrastructure projects in rural areas, is also an add-on.
She / He has good interpersonal and writing skills (in English also, the French is a bonus). She/He has a network of potential local partners.
She / He is comfortable with standard IT tools and scheduling software.
She/ He is very comfortable with the Greek regulations (especially about the land property, the urbanism, the grid connection specifications)
She / He will be involved in a variety of tasks, including structural and legal organization of the projects, development and construction of projects, coordination between departments and external partners involved in various stages of projects, document handling, risk management, construction budgets, negotiations, etc.
Furthermore, She / He is rigorous, methodical and appreciates teamwork, but is also able to work with a great deal of autonomy.
JOB LOCATION :Athens, Greece
APPLY HERE : firstname.lastname@example.org