1 billion people do not have access to electricity yet. Meanwhile, the world is producing more and more waste, a significant part of which is not recyclable (2 billion tons of household waste per year). SUS offers an ecological solution to transform this waste into green energy for all: Waste-to-Energy.
Why is Waste-to-Energy ecological?
- Reduces waste volume by more than 90%
- Respects the environment (zero liquid discharges, ultrafiltration of gases before release, harmless after treatment of the 2% residual solid waste)
- Promotes sorting / recycling (only locally non-recyclable waste is accepted)
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions (majority of carbon neutral CO2 released, no methane emissions, carbon avoided by substitution of fossil fuel)
- Limits bacteriological and viral epidemic risks (destroys all bacteria and viruses by combustion)
- Produces locally mostly renewable, reliable energy, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the lowest CO2 emission of combustion energies
SUS Environment offers solutions for the design, construction, operation and financing of turnkey eco-combustion units. For this, SUS relies on Swiss technology with more than 900 references worldwide, at a very competitive price, with strong financing capacities at the service of its customers.
Qair Environment, a Qair Group entity, is responsible for the Waste-to-Energy activity.